I thought it would fun to add some of those neon lights to BirBir’s bath today!
It was sooo easy to set up and she had a blast!! She begged me to join her, and at the end, I did! How could I resist those beautiful lights!? 🙂
I got a good deal at the Dollar Tree. Each pack had 3 lights for $1! Not bad.
PS: Sorry for the quality of the pictures. They were taken with my Canon but I guess the night vision wasn’t being very clear.
Today we made DIY water colors that I saw somewhere online. I honestly can’t find where I saw this. I tried searching on Pinterest but I couldn’t find this method. So if you know it or saw it somewhere, please let me know.
I did change it up a little, or I should say, I did add a little something to it.
It’s a very simple and easy method:
- Buy a set of water colors (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Boil some water (needs to be very hot)
- Take out the color discs and place each color in the hot water (of course, each color should be in a separate container or small bowl)
- I used a popsicle stick to stir the water around and to break the discs.
- At the end, I added a small amount of tempera paint to each color. This helped make the colors more vibrant.
- Get the paint brushes out and enjoy!
BirBir really had a fun time with these water colors (and so did I!). I bought some water color paper from Micheal’s so the paper won’t soak or wrinkle too much when it dries. They turned out so pretty!
In celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, we made and played all things Dr. Seuss!
- To go with the book, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, I had BirBir make hand-print fish using tempera paint. Once they dried, she added googly eyes to each fish.
- For The Cat in the Hat book, BirBir painted red stripes on the cat’s top hat. She also made the cat’s whiskers using a popsicle stick, a red pompom fuzzy ball, some black construction paper, and a glue stick. I saw this here and knew we had to try it!
- We also played a Dr. Seuss bingo game that I found here. We used gold fish crackers as our chips!
- We went on the PBS website and played around with it for a little while. It was the section of The Cat in the Hat.
- Of course, we read all the Dr. Seuss books that we have! But when that wasn’t enough, we took a trip to the library and checked out some more Dr. Seuss favorites that we don’t have, like Fox in Socks, The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, and Horton Hears a Who).
Today we attended the ArtSPLASH at the Canton Cultural Center for the Arts.
It was an Arts Day with an educational flair. They has lots of make-n-take activities for children which were provided by area schools and non-profit organizations. The theme was Marvel Comics, so Batman and the Incredible Hulk were both there for kids to take pictures with.
They also had face-painting, which is something BirBir was always afraid to try. But not today! She did it for the first time! She requested a pink and purple butterfly!
They also had a live entertainment from various groups including the Canton Ballet, which was nice to watch.
The best part? The whole event was FREE (including the parking!) Now isn’t that something to be happy about? 🙂