Today we made DIY water colors that I saw somewhere online. I honestly can’t find where I saw this. I tried searching on Pinterest but I couldn’t find this method. So if you know it or saw it somewhere, please let me know.
I did change it up a little, or I should say, I did add a little something to it.
It’s a very simple and easy method:
- Buy a set of water colors (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Boil some water (needs to be very hot)
- Take out the color discs and place each color in the hot water (of course, each color should be in a separate container or small bowl)
- I used a popsicle stick to stir the water around and to break the discs.
- At the end, I added a small amount of tempera paint to each color. This helped make the colors more vibrant.
- Get the paint brushes out and enjoy!
BirBir really had a fun time with these water colors (and so did I!). I bought some water color paper from Micheal’s so the paper won’t soak or wrinkle too much when it dries. They turned out so pretty!