In celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, we made and played all things Dr. Seuss!
- To go with the book, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, I had BirBir make hand-print fish using tempera paint. Once they dried, she added googly eyes to each fish.
- For The Cat in the Hat book, BirBir painted red stripes on the cat’s top hat. She also made the cat’s whiskers using a popsicle stick, a red pompom fuzzy ball, some black construction paper, and a glue stick. I saw this here and knew we had to try it!
- We also played a Dr. Seuss bingo game that I found here. We used gold fish crackers as our chips!
- We went on the PBS website and played around with it for a little while. It was the section of The Cat in the Hat.
- Of course, we read all the Dr. Seuss books that we have! But when that wasn’t enough, we took a trip to the library and checked out some more Dr. Seuss favorites that we don’t have, like Fox in Socks, The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, and Horton Hears a Who).