Today we started with the sight words: I, see, a. Since BirBir already knew the letters “I” and “a”, it was basically introducing her to the word “see”. We did several activities to begin and she loved it. She actually picked it up really fast and was so proud of herself when she began reading a short emergent book I had prepared for her.
Here are some of the things we did:
- a “puzzle” to spell the word “see”
- dot marker to mark on top of the word “see”
- reading a short emergent booklet with pictures of things and the sentence, “I see a _____.” underneath each picture.
- using our sight word Popsicle sticks to point to the word “see” every time she she saw in the booklet.
- reading one of her favorite books, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, but this time she had to actually read “I see a______” and she would basically scream every time she saw the word “see” lol it was amusing and exciting for me to see her that excited! 🙂
I plan to do more with her tomorrow. Will keep you posted!